We are open - safety is our top priority!
Have you become the master of the tight-lipped smile because of tooth loss and the desperate need for dentures? You may be the right candidate for new innovations in dentures and dental implants that can make that smile go beautifully wide.
Dental implants, usually known for replacing one tooth in your mouth at a time, are now being used as stable anchors for an entire row of replacement teeth.
One of our skilled dentists can provide you with a set of replacement teeth that would attach to two to six implant posts and provide a permanent solution to your longtime dental problems. This innovative procedure, called an implant-supported denture or an implant-supported bridge, already has helped thousands of people and it could help you as well.
To determine if a permanent denture will work for you, call Dental One Associates of Woodson Square today at (571) 364-7943. After your consult, you will understand:
- If you are a good candidate for the permanent denture procedure
- The length of time needed to restore your youthful smile
- How you can afford the cost of this treatment
What is the Difference Between a Removable Denture and an Implant-Supported Denture?
The denture we are most familiar with is a row of false teeth attached to a base that rests on top of your gums. The muscles in your mouth and face, plus gooey denture adhesive, help keep the dentures in place. But unfortunately, the dentures can slip or fall out while eating, laughing or singing. You also will need to add some time to your nightly routine so you can remove them to clean and store.
With a permanent denture, you can begin every day with a great smile. Your teeth stay in your mouth 24-hours-a-day, so there’s no pausing before breakfast to put your teeth in. Our dentist in Fairfax will place two to six dental implants in your jaw where they will fuse with your bone to create a firm, reliable base. A denture will latch on to the dental implants, giving you a set of natural-looking teeth that won’t slip, slide or need to be put into a glass on your bathroom counter.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
On your first visit with our team at Dental One Associates of Woodson Square, you can discover the benefits of getting an implant-supported denture. Here are a few of the reasons why people are making the choice to get this procedure:
- Like natural teeth, the implant-supported denture will remain in your mouth.
- An implant-supported top denture doesn’t need the rigid piece along the roof of the mouth which sometimes feels awkward or uncomfortable.
- Implant-supported dentures won’t fall out; it’s a stable denture that stays firmly in place.
- No need to purchase or use messy denture adhesive.
- The risk of dropping or damaging them is zero since they stay in the mouth.
- The implants prevent bone loss because they act as natural tooth roots.
- Since there’s less bone loss, there’s less premature wrinkling or shrunken face muscles, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- You will be more confident while eating, laughing or singing.
Of course, the biggest advantage of permanent dentures is the boost to your self-esteem, plus a wonderful smile.
Schedule a Consultation with our Implant Dentist Today
If you are wanting a permanent solution rather than a possible slip ‘n’ slide denture, call (571) 364-7943 to set up a consult with our implant specialist. Our staff is ready to restore your smile, help you eat and sing to your heart’s content again.