We are open - safety is our top priority!
If you’re one of the 40 million Americans who are missing all of your teeth, don’t despair. New innovations in dentistry can restore your smile and allow you to eat, speak, and laugh with confidence again.
Implant-supported dentures can give you back a permanent set of teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, which are removable, an implant-supported denture is fixed securely in your mouth. It won’t slip or slide, and doesn’t require any dental adhesive to keep it in place. Instead, you’ll have a beautiful smile that boosts your self-confidence.
Call Dental One Associates of Springfield today at (571) 364-7212 to schedule an appointment with one of our implant-trained dentists. You’ll leave your consultation knowing if an implant-supported denture is right for you, how long it will take for you to get your new full set of teeth, and how you can fit the cost into your budget.
What is the Difference Between a Removable Denture and an Implant-Supported Denture?
A traditional denture is a removable row of artificial teeth affixed to a base that sits atop your gums. It is kept in place by denture adhesive and the muscles of your mouth, which works but can feel awkward. Occasionally, dentures can slip, especially when you open your mouth wide while eating, laughing or even hitting a big note while singing. And until you’ve grown accustomed to wearing them, traditional dentures can impede the way you speak, slurring some of your speech. A traditional denture also must be removed every evening for cleaning and soaking overnight.
An implant-supported denture doesn’t have these issues. It is permanently placed in your mouth and you brush it daily, just like natural teeth. Our implant dentist in Springfield will place two to six dental implant posts into your jawbone where they will eventually fully fuse with bone to provide a stable base. The denture will then be permanently attached to the implants, giving you a natural-looking smile.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
During your first appointment, our dentist at Dental One Associates of Springfield will discuss the advantages of an implant-supported denture with you. Here are a few reasons that may aid your decision:
- They look and act like natural teeth and are in your mouth permanently.
- An implant-supported top denture does not have that molded piece that fits along the roof of the mouth, making it much more comfortable than a removable denture.
- Implants provide denture stabilization, ensuring no slipping, sliding or other embarrassing circumstances that can happen with removable dentures.
- No need to handle messy denture adhesive.
- There is zero risk they will be dropped since they stay in your mouth.
- Dental implants mimic natural tooth roots, preventing bone loss in your jaw.
- And since there is less bone loss, there’s less premature wrinkling around your mouth. That can lead to a more youthful appearance.
- Implant-supported dentures make it easier to eat, speak clearly, and sing – with zeal!
Most importantly, implant-supported dentures will make you feel great about your smile again and that can boost your self-esteem
Schedule a Consultation with our Implant Dentist Today
If you prefer a denture that won’t slip, slide or bring attention to your mouth, call our implant specialist in Springfield today. We know dealing with tooth loss isn’t easy. An implant-supported denture restores your ability to eat your favorite foods, sing enthusiastically, and smile with ease.
We are here to help. Please call our office today at (571) 364-7212 to schedule your appointment and move a step closer to a new smile.